Thursday, July 18, 2013

Absence vs. Silence

     God is never absent... though He may be silent. This is what my pastor told me once, when I was going through a tough time in my life, and was questioning if God was still there. The problem is, most of us often mix up Absence and Silence. But the truth is, God loves you too much to leave you. End of story. But how is it that we remember this, when we are hurt, or in a place in life where God is silent. It really does feel like He's abandoned us sometimes, and it's hard to be able to know He's still there. So how do we know He is still there? Easy. Just remember.
    Think back on all of the times that his presence was obvious. Remember all of the great things that He has done in your life, and in others'. Think back on all of the times He has helped you out of dark times and obstacles you could have never gone through with out him. How He's never left your side. He's helped you out of problems before, and He'll do it again.
     HE LOVES YOU TOO MUCH
     We all get so caught up in the moment, with these small stages in our lives of chaos, that we forget all about the big picture. God has His plan for you. Where you are, is exactly where you are meant to be; right where he wants you. God loves you, and if there were an easier path for you, that still lined up with his plan, you'd be there (if that makes sense).
    If you still feel discouraged, think about it this way. Maybe this is God's way of communicating with you. They always say silence is the loudest cry. Here, let me give you an example. Since I was 8,  I really wanted to study science. Then, last year, I thought I'd get ahead in college credits and took AP biology. And wow that was a slap in the face. I tried my hardest, studying for hours every night, and failing most of my tests. I prayed and prayed that God would help me do better and understand. Nothing happened. The ENTIRE school year, I was struggling to just pass the class. At the time, I saw this as God abandoning me. I felt as though he'd left me to fail. Then I slowly started losing interest in science. At the time I didn't think twice about it, until I started getting more interested in Writing and English. Then one day a few months ago, it randomly occurred to me, that this was God's way of pushing me back on my path.
     Since then, multiple things have happened that made it clear, that science is not for me. I did end up passing the class at the last minute, though I didn't get the college credit. God was there. If anything, He was working hard to help me in the long run. (: I'm going to leave you guys with a song today (yes another Tenth Avenue North) And I BEG that you please take 3 minutes and listen to it. This song has opened my eyes. Its about how God's love is always with you and it never ends. This song means more to me than words can describe


No comments:

Post a Comment